Monday, February 15, 2010

BOLDNESS.CONFIDENCE


Hebrews 10:35 Says "therefore do not cast away your confidence, which has great reward"

The subject of boldness and confidence in Christ has been on my heart alot lately. As I have been asked to step out of my comfort zone more and more each day, I see God stretching me and challenging me to step out. To press into faith, to TRUST in Him. Having confidence in who I am in Him.

Most people know that I love to sing. Music is a HUGE passion of mine, and a talent that God has graciously blessed me with. I have been a part of multiple Worship teams. I love being on them, but I only like blending in. I don't wanna be the leader, I don't wanna be the soloist. I enjoy being in the background. Honestly it's mostly been because I have compared myself to other singers and never beleived I was good enough to lead a song. I was too focused on ME and how I would sound if I sang alone. Then God started to work on my heart. First it was to show me the true meaning of Worship, and why I was put up there in the first place. Then I saw that it was not for me to compare myself to anyone else, God made me in my own unique way. He gave me a passion for music for a reason. As I have entered into Bible School, I am doing a Worship internship. I decided at the beginning that I was going to allow God to work in me. To stretch me, and thats exactly what He is doing. Teaching me to surrender myself completely to Him. The first night the Worship leader told me I was singing on my own, I thought my stomach was gonna come out of my mouth, and that I was see things. I was so nervous, but I didn't try and back down, I did not find every excuse in the book to avoid it. I LET GO and LET GOD. And wow, God is a faithful God. I focused on the very words of the songs I was singing. Each week I have become more confident in my the ability that God has given me.

During prayer Sunday I was not feeling well but chose not to let that hinder me from really surrendering myself to God. Pastor usually asks if there is anything us as a congregation want to say, or pray for. Even if I do have something I never even give it a thought to do that publicly, but this weekend was different. I had every desire to speak and say what God had put on my heart. Funny thing is, it was all about boldness and confidence. I know that God is doing great works in me and I know that with Him I AM victorious.

Though life is crazy, there is no doubt in my mind that God has His hand on my life and is preparing me for something far greater than I could ever imagine. He answers my prayers time and time again, and has never let me down. I know that as I countinue to step out in faith and press into Him with everything I have then I won't be disaapointed. This change of heart, this new confidence and boldness is not for me to become prideful in my own abilities, but humble that I cannot do it alot, yet only with the help of Christ, my Lord and Savior am I able to succeed in this world.

I leave you with this scriputure that Pastor used yesterday during church. He is speaking on Trusting God for our daily resources.. which has been perfect for my life.

2 Peter 1:3 " His divine power has given to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of Him who called us by glory and virtue.."

it is in HIS power alone that I am able to be where I am today. ALL THE GLORY GOES TO HIM

With love-
KristiLee

1 comment: