Sunday, August 21, 2011

Inviting Jesus into your Chaos.



Amazing the way life turns out so differently from what your mind had imagined, and so much BETTER than one could ever fathom.

There are no words to describe the faithfulness of God in my entire life and especially within the last few years as I have allowed Him to lead each and every step. I have been bad about keeping up with this blog, but I vow to be better at it from here on out! :) God constantly places things on my heart to share, and I will often just tell myself I'll get to it later and I NEVER do.. shows me I need to do what I am told because I never know the hearts that can be reached for HIS glory through mere words.

So almost a year ago to the day Pastor Mike and Janet Burns of Victory Church in Canton Texas did a sermon entitled "Inviting Jesus into your Choas.." I listened very intently and wrote pages and pages of notes. I was just enamored with what they were saying. Using Mark 4:35-41 as reference about the storm and the boat. In short, they explained that we had to allow Jesus to work in our lives both in the bad and the good. We often hear about one door closing and another door opening. We forget that there is usually a "hallway" of some sort that we walk through to get to that open door. We have to have to allow God to work in those interim periods when we go through unexpected situations.

Over the course of the year, this sermon has constantly been on my heart. God constantly reminds me that it is only through HIM that I can be victorious in my "chaos". God has impressed on my heart in recent years to look in to scripture on my own, and not base my beliefs off of what "my pastor" or "my parents" may have told me about God but to really dig deep and find what the WORD said was truth. I grew up thinking that in faith we are not supposed to go through anything such as adversities and struggles, BUT God says that our faith will be tested, HE is there to bring us through it.

Going through Mark 4:35-41 We see a few things:
1. Jesus sees the beginning and the end and will fulfill it
2. God is in the chaos (does not cause it) yet is not bothered by it (STORM)
3. Invited Jesus into the chaos with them
4. In your chaos do not be afraid, do NOT let your fear overcome you
a. stay in your boat during the storm- i.e. stay in your relationship with Christ
b. CALL on HIM! Allow Him to be there
c. When He comes to help, allow Him to do what He knows how to do LET Him do it

Throughout the last few months, I have had many times of my faith being "tested" I have experienced times in the "hallway" where I wanted to RUN to the open door if only I knew what it was at the time. God's faithfulness in those times though showed itself as I allowed Him to work in me through those times.

Its hard to believe that I applied to 36 jobs through May- I prayed over EACH one that I go where He wanted me to be. I got job #36
I had NO income from May 27- September 9 : yet I have been provided for exceedingly above what I could have EVER imagined!
I financially could not afford to move near the new job.. yet I was provided with a 3 bedroom house to stay at with the grace to pay her when I could!! (and I did not even know her!)
The new job required some unexpected certifications and financial commitments that were hard, but that God made possible through other avenues!
Within two weeks of starting the job, I landed in the hospital with an unexpected infection in my hand- being told that I would not be able to do my job for a few weeks (fully functional at least) yet God has placed people in my life that supported me, prayed for me and have invited me into an atmosphere that I am completely and utterly provided and cared for!

His faithfulness never ceases to AMAZE me! And to top it all off, I have prayed for over a year for a new laptop, and each time I believe I am going to buy one I DONT. I wait and wait and wait.. well I know why now! I went to a new teacher breakfast the other day and WON a new laptop ... !!! YES I WON, just had the right ticket in hand for the laptop! :)

Through all this, God continues to spark this fire within me to reach out and grab what He has to offer through His word. I want the TRUTH! I do not claim to know it all, I am but a daughter of the MOST HIGH GOD who is seeking to know Him more and more daily.

My journey is NOT even close to being over. I pray to reach the lives of any youth aged female or ANYONE for that matter for the glory of God. He is the ONLY reason I am where I am today. The journey here has not been easy, but I have come to realize that by inviting Jesus into my everyday life, both the chaos and celebrations I will always be victorious in the end. Just like in Romans 8:28.. ALL things work together for GOOD :)

With the new beginnings at the new job, new city, new church, new friends, new relationships I vow to invite Jesus into EVERY aspect of my life no matter the situation or circumstance and I challenge you to do the same! Trust in Him! Believe me when I say that you will NOT be disappointed.






No comments:

Post a Comment